View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 09:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Great paint booth and garage. Overall looks like you found a solid straight ride. Congrats
Thanks.
As I mentioned, I bought the car with only seeing photos. There were a lot of photos so I thought I was getting a pretty good car. But upon disassembly, it's really much better than my impressions were. So that windshield I removed was the original. Today I removed the rest of the convertible top and I think that was original too. I don't think this car has ever had so much as a dent in it either. You can see really well behind the quarters in these cars and there's no evidence of previous body damage. I got the driver door guts all out today. Not even a spot of rust on the inside. I'm amazed. More photos coming in a day or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andretti View Post
Pretty impressive that you've accomplish so much with that garage and all the past projects. Gives me inspiration looking forward to things still on my bucket list! So if I fill up at your place, is the Fire Chief gas still 24.9 cents a gallon?

Star-Quality Texaco Garage
http://www.wolverinecoatings.com/Pic...xicoGarage.pdf
Thanks for posting that link!! I didn't know my magazine article was online anywhere. Very cool!
I don't even have to tell you the story of why I chose 24.9¢. You are welcome to come and try to squeeze some gas out of that pump but you might not get very much!

Here's a better photo of my Corvette. I sold the car to guy who put it in his private collection a few years ago. I talked to him the other day and he told me he has a black '69 GTO in his collection too. I will go over and see it one of these days.