View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 01:48 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
That is a lot of cabbage for a 3 x 2 look-a-like. $1,800 got me a port fuel setup with manifold, ECM and a computer controlled distributor.

The pic is dated, the new setup uses a tablet or smartphone to tune.
I hear ya about the cost, but...
In my case, with my real V-code Roadrunner (440 6bbl) I absolutely will always have 3x2 of "something" feeding air and fuel. It's most likely to be the Promax modded Holley carbs, since I'm already invested, they are highly tunable, and capable of supporting a LOT of horsepower, and I have the option of transferring them over to a single plane intake manifold if the need arises.
In the case of my wife's GTO, her car is a documented 65 GTO 389 4bbl, but has been faithfully modded into a Royal Bobcat Tribute car, down to the October 1965 engine block date code on the 421. We both like the Tripower, and very soon now (finally) I'm sending the Rochesters to Dick Boneske so he can properly modify them to work with the current build specs of the 421.
That is the LAST round for the Rochesters, and I am sure Dick is the man, and I anticipate they will perform much better than now.
If that still leaves too much to be desired, I can try to sell her on the FiTech 3x2 system, but she may insist on the look alike, and that may mean spending big, UNLESS
someone else I've been talking about this with comes through with a great less expensive alternative.
We'll see...