View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 01:34 AM
Senior Chief

Can't tell you how many but I bought one back in the mid 80's to build the 428 HO for my race car. It had long branch manifolds and cast 62 heads. Car was loaded with options power locks (vacuum operated) windows, seat, antenna, steering, brakes, climate control, cruise, defrost, am-fm, cornering lights, tilt wheel, posi, and more. It was a Brougham with green cloth interior and green exterior (what was not rusted or painted primer black). Paid $500 for it and drove it home. Pulled motor (4 bolt mains) and built a 428 .030 over with 1970 RA IV heads (614), Warrior intake and Holley 800cfm. If had not been so rusty would have been a cool car to restore. Also bought a 67 2+2 428 car around the same time and parted that one out too. I have not seen another 69 428 HO Brougham since then.

Also there were 3 versions of the 428 in 1969. One with small valve heads. Next step up was large valve heads. Then top dog was the HO with large valve heads and long branch manifolds. Each had their own camshaft matched to horsepower rating.