View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGor View Post
Hi 61-

Thanks for that information, that seems to be the right answer.

There are several high $$ '61 restorations out there that show a dash mount vac gauge/tach, but they no doubt are not a factory item. Might be that the only way it would be 'semi-factory' is if one brought your '61 into a Pontiac dealer in 1963 and said, "Install a tach...", you might get a '63 oem tach mounted on the dash - but that is a long shot scanario! Thx again
I went through this same situation a couple years ago with my 62 Catalina. I have not come up with the "perfect" answer yet for a great looking dash mount. I installed a column mount old school SUN tach as a stop gap because I needed a tach with the four speed. But I have a dash adapter for a 63-64 that was loaned to me and a console mounted tach cup. My plan is to have a nice curved adapter made for the cup that will put the tach in a good line of sight to the left of the steering column right below the dash pad in the curve. I am going to have the piece 3D printed in plastic or possibly aluminum. This is not going to happen in the next few months. Hoping to have one by the end of 2020. So if your willing to wait I should have something in the future. If it looks great and is functional, I will certainly make them available. Not looking to really make any money on this. I imagine a half dozen people may be interested.