View Single Post
Old 03-13-2001, 07:07 PM

Ed, to my knowledge, they never had them on rear quarters. I own a 68, I remember them in 68, I never saw those decals back then. The only GTO identification was on the front fenders (GTO 6.5 LITRE), L/F grille and R/RR trunk lid,interior door panels and glove box door. My 70 had GTO in decal only on fenders and trunk. I believe these decals you see on some 68 GTO'S are an afterthought option and look to be the same as the decals on my 70. The 69's have the GTO emblem in the lense on the rear quarters.They look nice and are pronounced on the car, you know, people notice them easier,but I never saw them back then. If you have them installed, just look at some of the pictures of them on the GTO picture sites after voting for our site #1 and scroll "DOWN" to those on the muscle car site. Sean Mattingly's site comes to mind. Some cars have them and some don't. It's a matter of what you like and they look okay to me. Some members would know how they are judged in shows. If they're allowed or not, if they're part of original equipment, etc, etc. They don't show as original in my resto book
Good luck on your car.