View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avman View Post
QA-1 just happened to be the first manufacturer that I looked at when I did a web search. They actually have an installation video.
I have a few really important questions for you:
Did you decide to go with coilovers after you already had the rear axle assembly?
Had you discussed using coilovers when QP was designing the rear axle and if so, what was done differently than if it was made for springs and shocks?
What part of the body/frame/suspension supports the weight of the vehicle (at the top of the coilover) and is it sturdy?
Now I'm wondering if there is any advantage to having QP do "something specific" for accommodating coilovers or if I should just get it setup for springs and shocks and add the QA-1 kit...
Thanks! Waiting for your reply.
Avman will answer as well as I can. Can get a few pictures and post if you wish..

Yes the rear axle assembly was already here before I decided to go with the QA1's.

Did not discuss with QP, in fact had QP add the lower control arm bracket (extended with additional holes) for adjusting angle. Rear end was set up for normal shocks.

The QA1" mount in the same location as the stock shocks. There is a beefy bracket that mounts on the frame for the top of the shock with a third bolt added for attachment to the frame. Easy to install. There is also a beefier bracket that mounts to the rear end shock mounting hole with a ball bearing swivel mount that attaches to the shock.

9" done. EZ EFI 2.0 with FAST dual sync distributor and separate nitrous system done. Track is at 4300 ft elevation. so far a best of 11.95@116. Suspension now getting dialed in...tubular front a arms with dual adjustable coil overs HR Parts n stuff rear bar and whole car lowered 3 inches..