View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Hey Keith, when I was growing up in Detorit, there used to be (and these are really fuzzy memories) Art Moran Pontiac, along with (I think) Roger Penske Chevrolet, and a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership all within a stone's throw of one another, on 12-mile road? I seem to recall them being around the Tel-Twelve Mall. I remember back in 1973, we looked at a new white 73 SD-455 Trans Am parked in front of the Art Moran Pontiac showroom, and I recall seeing an Indy race car parked in the Penske showroom. My oldest brother said there was a "road to nowhere" that ran next to the Chrysler dealership, marked off for a 1/4 mile, with a turnaround at the far end.

I found these pics of a Los Angeles dealer called Majestic Pontiac. You can see how the sign was in decent shape a few years ago, deteriorated over the years, and finally into the 2009 symbol of traditional Americana : a Sporting Goods store, a Denny's, and a Goodwill center.
morning
nice article on the engineering car

I wonder how easy it was to start a project that ended in a car
seems like it happened often that a car was built just to peove a point or two

But the absolute BEST car i ever saw was a two seater tenpest/lemans that Dollie Cole drove around Detroit and Pontiac for many years. Came in for periodic maintenance.

Next time I talk to the HC, I will ask about it

Regards
CD175

=====================
There are 10 types of people in this world"
those who know binary and those who don't
========================