View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70RAlll View Post
My comment is a bit off topic, but this picture gave me some interesting proof of something I have said for a while. Look at the spark plug wires boots. All the correctly stamped repo wires we have available use black boots. Over the years I have bought 5-6 1970-75 various numbered Pontiac distributors that still had their original wires attached. All had the orange/red like boots, not the black we all accept as correct. I have a bag full of these orange boots. All were identical to each other, but came from various Pontiac distributors. Always said, these were original or there was an extremely popular secondary seller of plug boots for Pontiacs back in the day... Anyway, looking at these pictures of the SD engine and what appears to be a 350 Pontiac engine, can't confirm these plug wire boots are the orange due to the black and white photo, but without a doubt can confirm they were not black. Wires are obviously black, but the plug boots are a lighter color. interesting..
I've got a set of repro's on my car now. I've had them probably at least 10 years. They are orange boots.