View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455firebird1969 View Post
Yeah, $1500 was a lot at the time, but the car was not for sale. It was actually up the street from another car I went to look at near Shelton WA. After looking at the original car (that was a peice of junk) I stopped at the house where my car was parked and asked the owner if it was for sale. He said no, but didn't mind if I looked at it. After seeing it had near perfect deluxe interior, little rust and a Muncie transmission, I decided to toss out a high offer and see if he would bite. It worked and I drove the car home the next day. It also has a nodular center section ten bolt reared.

As far as pictures go, what you have posted so far are great...keep them coming. I took a photography class in high school, but you are a professional, I can tell.
I was a Chevy man before I bought my Firebird. The guy that I bought it from was a friend of mine and he told me he had a 69 Firebird. I figured it was similar to a Camaro so I bought it. He had a 455 laying around.

Love your car and my second favorite wheels too!

I'm no pro, just a hack that gets lucky occasionally.

'69 Firebird 400 - Goldenrod Yellow, 455 +.060, '6s-7' heads, Comp Cam 276AH-10 (51-309-4), TH400, Ford 9-inch w/3.08, 800cfm Q-jet, Stock Intake, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters
'68 Coronet 500 Convertible - Medium Gold Metallic, stock 318 +100,000 miles