View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Excellent pics Roger! Also you mentioned having the car handy. I can tell you first hand that the Noses were painted off the cars and most never matched up at the top of the beak
to the hood "mound". This past summer I had a buddies 70 Formula all ready to go to paint and the nose was off and so we were able to try all the Noses I could find around here for straightness. The one he used was a 71 and it did Not line up with the hood at the middle and one side, but nice otherwise.
So having the car, all aligned ( rear to front) sitting there for testing and sanding is Huge for a super final product that is in a VERY noticeable place.
ON the SPI PAINT:
The ONLY Paint made geared to the Restoration business and Hobbyist that comes with an OWNERS MANUAL....Seriously, its ALL there, and Forum support.
2. This is Huge... Induction times. I let my SPI Epoxy I use on ANY nose Induct for at Least 1 hour in the mixing cup, BEFORE painting. This adds a HUGE amount of UV Protection to the paint. Same with their clear. This can make a difference in how long the paint lasts well. This is NOT My Idea, its Theirs, and its great. Had to buy an egg timer to keep me from painting too soon!!