View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Too Nay Sayers and Nate

OK, Nay Sayers first, Nate bought this car as is, running, driving, and in need of repairs. Classic case of love at first sight of an early 2nd Gen FB.
I've been there and done it myself several times. I've got a '71' now with one of them burrick (sp.ck.) stage 1 455's out of a 70 gs burrick (sp.ck.) in it. Everything there except for cloth interior parts. The thing got caught in a flood and the burrick (sp.ck.) engine is locked up tighter than a tick. Yep, right now all I can do is set and watch it rot away. Bad thing is it was a one owner, low milage, not even a door ding car. Original owner orderd it base line, radio delete, just for his hopped up burrick (sp.ck.) project. After the flood he was ticked off and the car was set out to pasture. And years after the fact I bought that bird in the bush.

FWIW Right now I'ld love to have it running driving with any engine in it. A 305 would be better than a Johnson or EvinRUDE 40 though. Especially one of them old smoke blowing logger head 65s. SOOO, I guess I am a little picky about an engine.

So the way I see it I fully understand Nate wanting to get this bird running better where he can enjoy it till he can do better. I've seen where several here disagree with me on this yet haven't offered to go and put a Pontiac engine in for him. Much less advice. So I have noeyedeer where thay're coming from. Lose fingers I guess.

If anyone has questions or wants to debate this issue please contact me through pm or (preferably) email. Lets not be smack typing someone on here for trying to do the best they can with what they've got.
__
Ding dangit it's a firebird he's trying to bring back!!!
er
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Hey Nate,
I've been kinda out of the loop for a little while and just now seeing where you were asking for help. A phone call would probably be better/easier for you and me both. At least me anyways as much as needs talked about.
Happy Pontiacing
Clay