View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just returned from Wisconsin Dells. 434 cars & 650 people registered for the convention!! Many enjoyed the road cruises, the drive-in movie night, hot laps with our Pontiacs at Dells Motor Speedway, Ames Performance Night, riding the DUCKS on the beautiful waters of Wisconsin Dells, tours of the Ringling Brothers Circus Museum in Baraboo, and the trips to the Harley Davidson Museum. But most of all, we enjoyed seeing fellow Pontiac lovers and seeing their excellent cars.

My first POCI convention was in 1981 at Springfield, Illinois. The quality of cars has improved by an unbelievable amount since then--with each convention showing better cars. The later Trans Ams, G8's, G6's, & GTO's were there in good numbers. The big cars from the 50's through the '89's showed up with some very pristine Grand Prix's, Bonevilles, Catalinas, Star Chiefs, station wagons. There were also many GTO's from '64 through '73, with some near-perfect examples.

Add to all that---we won GOLD with my wife's '64 GTO. We had it judged in the modified class due to the 434 cubic inch engine, '67 HO exhaust manifolds, our version of the parchment interior, and a few other touches we've added that were not stock.

I'll post some pictures from the convention soon.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan