View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petegto View Post
Sorry I got the pictures you sent but I can’t seem to hook up the Z hook on the lever you showed. Maybe I’m just stupid but it’s appears the cable is to short and this is a original cable that came off this car.
Do I try to hook up the cable first and then try in insert the kick panel or in reverse? I tried for awhile but can’t get it to reach; about a 1” short and bending the hell out of the cable.
Thank you
it's been ages since I installed one but I'd say I had the clip on the cable where it went through the kick panel off so the cable could move around some (obviously loosen the screw on the hold down bracket first too so the cable can move through the first fold on the Z bend through the eye on the arm) also, make sure it's pushed in all the way and that the lever on the flap is pulled down to the open position to shorten the distance. are the cables in the correct positions? as in the lower one should run the lower vent and the upper one should run the upper vent. I seem to recall there's a molded flap on the back side of the kick panel that directs the cable upwards at a pretty sharp angle. Those things are brittle as hell so be careful with them. One easy way to save them once the plastic jacket cracks in a few places is to cover the entire section of broken plastic pieces with shrink tube to hold it all in place. I've saved a few cables that way. Once the pieces are completely broken and fall off the wire, you're screwed because the cable likes to bend there without support. if you look close at my first picture you can see that I did the shrink tube trick on that sleeve.

Best way is to have the entire kick panel loose, get the upper cable started, then pull it down and mount it.