View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petegto View Post
Gto4evr need help again;
Sorry one more question I can’t get this to work; so do you remember if the longer cable with the round loop end goes on the bottom of the kick panel or lower opening and the Z end cable being shorter goes on the top opening that opens ands closes the dash vents. I can swear that the cowl cable was the longer one and was inserted in the top hole of the kick panel but I had this car all apart and can’t remember.
Thank yo sorry to bother you again.
pete, yes, the round loop one controls the lower door, slides over that post and should be located in the bottom position of the two cables, the Z end cable goes up to the upper door flapper and should be located in the upper of the two positions on the kick panel. I'm thinking from memory it was a real pain in the ass to get connected with the dash in place. might help if you take the glove box liner out so you can get your arm in there from a different angle. Try taking the clip off that holds the cable into the kick panel so the cable can flex up at an angle to get the Z end started in the lever, (with the kick panel still loose) then after you've got it started try to pull the cable body back in and get that clip snapped back on to hold in before then mounting the kick panel. The lower loop end cable is easy to attach after the fact with that grille out.

Dennis