View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer View Post
Joe,
I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I like the photo you guys took at Pastiener's Auto Zone Book Store in front of the Judge. We meet every Saturday morning at that location next to the EmbroidMe. I took care of that Judge for over 15 years. It is also the Judge that is mentioned in Jim Wangers' "Glory Days" Introduction paragraph in the books Introduction Chapter with me driving the car. I took on many unsuspecting so called Muscle cars in past Dream Cruises with that Judge. Even with Jim on board. I guess they didn't understand the Royal Bobcat emblem on the sail panel and Drag Radials on the rear... LOL
This is the first time I've been back on this Forum in a while. It is too bad you were not able to join us, Jim Wangers, Dave Anderson, Jack "Doc" Watson, and several other Pontiac cars and personalities on the Tuesday at Temple Isreal's "Dream Cruise Warm Up". It is a good thing I took the "Wangers" Judge out of storage the Tuesday morning so you could spot Jim. Or was it the smell of the clutch that Dave keeps resting his foot on that got your attention?
Dream Cruise day, Saturday, the Royal Pontiac Club along with the "Wangers" '69 Judge, GeeTO Tiger, the '68 Blackbird and 55 other Royal Pontiac member cars were parked along Woodward Ave just south of 15 Mile Rd in Birmingham. You could have parked with us.
This year, 2011 the Royal Pontiac Club will be parking at Jim Fresard Buick GMC, which is the dealership that Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac became approx. 1971. The dealership is no longer at the 400 N. Main St. just north of 11 Mile Rd in Royal Oak. It is now located on Woodward Ave just north of 8 Mile Rd in Ferndale. Two club members have had their cars on display in Fresard's show room. A black '62 Grand Prix 421 Tri-Power 4 speed Bobcat and a 1967 triple black GTO 421 Royal Bobcat convertible.
AS it turned out we were given a prime parking spot on the corner at the delership as the Mayor at that time, Jim Ellison was kind enough to track us down through the local TV news station and he gave us his parking spot to watch the Dream Cruise! That entire community made us feel so welcome. Everywhere we went people would say "hey your the guy on the news with MEAN BRD Firebird. It was really something, the local news station did a multi part story that aired each night during the week leading up to the Dream Cruise. People we so kind and caring.

One amazing thing that happened this past summer. We were here at home in FL at the Saturday night cruise at Old Town in Kissemmee and a lady from Detroit area regonized us from the story that ran a year earlier in MI. It was really amazing and she was so nice and had such nice things to say about our family and our situation. The people in that entire area of MI are truly amazing people!!!!