View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
There’s a cassette on e bay right now. My car takes the 8 track.
if you get it, and ship it to me, I will ship you this 8-track tape.

This way, I'm not making a penny...

I'm a tape guy.

awe crap! - scratch that!!

I just embarrassed myself again - because I just remembered that I already had these in one of my tape cases:

I also have them on LP

I just remembered as I was typing the suggestion of you getting that tape for me, and me giving you this 8-track in trade, of when I found this 8-track at an "antique store" I posted a picture on social media of having all three formats of the album.

You know you have a problem when you start to forget about some of the crap you have collected!!

I am pretty sure we have communicated offline.. let me see if I can find your contact information, and if we can work something out.

As a full disclaimer, I wouldn't play any 8-track tape you get unless you are willing to risk it - instead just use it for a fun display;
over time they wind increasingly tighter, and normally pop apart where the ends of the tape are attached.

I have gone through an embarrassing number of copies of 'Dark Side of the Moon', as well as other fantastic albums because they were in excess of fourty years old...
If you want to use your 8-track player buy one of those 8-track to tape adapters, or make one which is essentially a cassette (to cd player/phone/mp3 player) adapter with the head positioned just right;
That's what I ended up doing when I was regularly driving the '73 (which still has a working 8-track player btw).
I used to have a buddy who could fix 8-track tapes, it's not too hard, just tedious - that's why I made my 8-track adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9060s.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	557966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9061s.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	557967   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9062s.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	557968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9063s.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	557969  

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)

Last edited by unruhjonny; 01-09-2021 at 07:09 PM.