View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll have to dig up more pictures from Mom, Steve. Dad had some shots of the '65 from back then...for the life of me I can't remember if it was a post or a hardtop, but it was a 2 door. It had a 389 2-barrel in it, automatic, dual exhaust, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, and that's about it. Bench seat with the "2-tone" interior that was popular then...the interior was green too. Dad ordered it, and had to have the air and power steering/brakes, but he was pretty practical when it came to cars...a "minimalist businessman's coupe" suited him. I remember as a kid he never liked listening to the radio when riding in the car, so we always had the base AM radio until you couldn't buy them new like that anymore.

I recently found all of the paperwork from the '72 Catalina 2-door hardtop he bought new...including the protectoplate...damn shame the car was scrapped, but after he struck and killed a pedestrian walking home from jail one night and killed him, he lost interest in the car.