View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
didnt you say awhile back in the "ticking" threads that you have to use 2 bottles of octane booster in every tank because of the detonation that small cam you have causes? isn't that considered a "quick fix"?
Nope. You are close to remembering correctly just have some very important details wrong.
First, the ticking was the new junk lifters Lunati sold me. The 703 cam might have been junk also. Sent them both back. Good riddance. The cam was in there long enough for some test drives. Wasn't impressed. Moved the power up over 4000 rpm which isn't what I like. IMO stupid choice for a strictly street driver. It was highly recced here. Glad I tried it out (I guess). At least I can speak about it from experience.
I used the Edelbrock 2157 cam and it works perfectly for my combo on the street.
I use 93 and one bottle of 108 octane booster a tank. I got a deal on a case of the 108 from Advance Online for $3 a bottle.
What I have is a fine example of a fun street car anyone would thoroughly enjoy driving. A true success story.
Anyway, my point was that the aluminum round port heads are better than the 6x you voted for. I have had many engines with the 6X heads and this one with the round ports. IMO the round ports are much better.

Last edited by TAQuest; 08-07-2019 at 09:54 AM.