View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 12:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here is the update -
I Fixed a header exhaust leak with a new gasket- tough job - much harder than it looked to start as the second bolt from the end - passenger side - cant get a socket in there and barely a wrench. I had to use a shorty open end and had to have my wife use here little fingers to restart the bolt after the new gasket was in. Sounds great now.

Shaker scoop is centered and correct now.

Upgraded the speedo gears yesterday- waiting to check on the calibration with another vehicle. I can already tell that it is much closer than before.

Found a rear Deluxe seat on ebay- had my friend repair the seams that had come loose on the back - may not need to dye as it looks good in the car. I am still deciding on a possible interior redo to the original color.

Had to install a new master brake cylinder and front calipers - stops great now. Flushed the brake system with all new fluid - good to go.

With the car being in as good of original shape on the exterior, I just cant figure why the previous owner(s) would have had to totally disassemble the interior- maybe different headliner and carpet (gray), different glove box door - maybe different dash- all new door panels, new console and removed the power windows. Go figure. Makes it tough to put it back to original with wrong color parts.

Also looks like all the AC duct work behind the dash is missing. Car needs AC if I am going to keep it.