View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:53 PM

I think Region Warrior is on to something...

Looks like part 12541500 is listed for both the upper and lower lines for 93-95 applications. But, this translates to "bulk 5/16 cold rolled tube". While the picture on gmpartsdirect.com isn't really representative, it does have the same description. Part 09440044 (2 needed per line) is also listed as 1/2-20 flare nuts for 5/16 tube.

It appears the intent was to bend up replacements as-needed rather than having pre-bent parts in stock?

I think the line set Canamman is showing goes to an optional transmission oil cooler that wasn't used on 5.0 applications? The ones I reference are the ones that go directly between the transmission and the radiator.

I know I've seen flexible portions of these lines on 2003 and 2004 GM truck applications. But, I believe I remember solid lines being installed in older passenger car automatic applications (Firebirds, Bonnevilles, etc). I'd agree it would seem like having some way for the lines to move a bit would be beneficial. But, it also seems like GM has a LOT of historical applications with solid lines that worked just fine, too.

Last edited by 81TTA; 01-17-2020 at 05:00 PM.