View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I went through this on my 1993 K3500 about 3 years ago, cooling lines rusted through. I just bought a 25 ft X 5/16 inch roll of Nicopp (Nickle/Copper) and bent them using the old lines for a pattern. The Nicopp is much easier to bend than the steel line, and double flare can be accomplished with a standard flaring tool. The Nicopp will never corrode so it's the last time you'll have to replace the lines.

When I got the truck 10 years ago the PO had just replaced the rear brake lines with new steel lines, they lasted about 5 years before rusting through, so I looked into something more durable and found the Nicopp material. I like Mike, used steel lines for years as a mechanic, but no more, the Nicopp is more expensive, but well worth the extra cost to be impervious to salt and brine used here for snow.

I also replaced every brake line on the truck a few months before the cooling lines took a dump. The lines will outlast me now.......LOL.

Since I live in the salt belt, from now on every line I replace, I will use Nicopp.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated