View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Sundance? Looks more like one of the golds to me:

http://ultimategto.com/72colors.htm
On both of my IPads, the exterior color appears to be Canyon Copper, which is a very desirable '71 color. Possible thats the color & it was special ordered, be nice to see a pic of the trim tag. Interior is definitely Saddle. Sandalwood was a lighter '70 & '71 offering. The lighter beige interior offering for '72 was Covert, it's an odd color, even has a tinge of light green in it.

Agree car needs to be saved. Good color numbers matching roundport cars get restored in my shop, not cut up or stripped of parts. Sure the M40 sets this one back some in value over being an factory HO M22 car, but not everyone wants to row through the gears.

Interested to see how the inspection goes. Having hauled in & processed hundreds of partscars over the last 38 years, the condition of the lower body & the chassis is all going to come down to how long the car set there, & how sandy the soil is. Even the partial buried KR wheels may just have a mild pitting on their contact line not rust pocked bad. Have to look them over close.