View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

I bought my Pontiac from the original owners grandson. The car was built in Arlington, Tx, Sold new at Superior Pontiac in San Antonio (which still exists today) and was sold to me in San Antonio. The grandson told me his grandpa bought the car brand new in 1958 and when he got too old to drive he gave the car to his grandson in 2001. The car ran until 2003 and I bought it in early 2006. As far as I can tell it's an original Tri power car with hardly any options. I found receipts dating back to the early 60s with the original owners name on them matching the name of the guy I bought the car from.

I bought a parts 59 and Buick from a lady who said that the 59 was her aunts car and the 60 was her parents car. Both bought new at Covert GM in Austin. The cars were driven until the late 60s or early 70s and have not moved since. I found in the glovebox of the '59 the original owners manual along with the accessory manual and the protection policy and and Buick owners Delco battery warranty sheet dated 10-30-1958 Covert Auto 1958.

The other '59 buick i have I bought from a guy who got the car from the second owner's ex wife. They got a divorce and she ended up with the car. She sold it just to spite him and I ended up with it.

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/