View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:23 PM

Default Foglight Wiring Diagram Reading

Ok, so here is a breakdown of the problem I have. My foglights do not turn on. My headlight switch seems to be in proper working function, and will be trying a new one (just in case) this coming week. I have tried grounding out pin 3 on the fog lamp relay (micro) with no luck. The fog lights themselves have 12v constant, as the fogs are controlled via the relay with ground instead of a hot lead.

My plan is to located connections S151 and C110.

Does anyone have any knowledge of where these connections are and what I need to do to access these locations?

Once I make sure the connections are plugged in correctly (Im sure they have been unplugged or some type of problem has occurred because the car seems to have been in a front end collision from the previous owner) I will try grounding pin 3 again to make sure they work.

Once that is confirmed I will try using the headlight switch ( I will pretend it is worst case scenario) and it does not work I should assume either the switch is bad or the relay is bad.

QUESTION: How does the relay work? Once pin 1 receives 12v and pin 2 receives ground the relay should complete the ground by connections pin 3 and 5 correct?

Sorry it is a bit jumbled. I will try to go back over this and edit it so it makes more sense once I get home, but this is a quick overview of what I am thinking may be going on.:foil: