View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

30 hrs to do three seats seems outrageous for a pro. That is about 10hrs per seat. Like others, after a couple of utube vids I did the back seat, 2 bottoms and the back and I am sure I didn't have 10 hrs. Put into real time, that is all day of work plus 2 hrs the next day to put a cover on 1 seat. I dont know about y'all, but I can get a lot of work done in a 10 hr stretch doing a job I specialize in. I know I got a bargain with mine, but the guy that did my fronts was retired from Chrysler where he worked in the upholstery shop. I have known him since I was a kid and didn't even know he was still doing this stuff. I dropped them off on a Friday afternoon and Monday afternoon they were finished. I would imagine it took him less than a couple of hours for each seat. At $600 - $800 someone would make decent money doing this job, it sounds to me like the charge was according to how much the shop needed to make that week. I wish I could charge my customers the amount I need vs. the amount to do the job but I wouldn't get paid and probably wouldn't get anymore business.