View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 08:29 PM

Default Correct 1966 CA AIR Center Tripower Float bowl cast number

My 66 GTO is a WV CA Tripower car. I do not have the original engine, but have a correct date 389 with correct date 93 heads and Tripower manifold date. Its the engine that was in the car when I bought her, but she had a 4 bbl Edelbrock. All Tripower stuff was long gone. She did have the AIR alt and PS brackets in the truck along with the air pump and a few other hoses and valves. I am attempting to do as correct of a restoration without having the WV block and am not putting any of the AIR stuff on. I am still missing the AIR carb bases and the hardware that plumbs into the heads. With that being said I have a Rochester Float bowl number 7031624. I thought this was the correct float bowl for a CA 66 center Tripower carb, but just found under the Tripower sticky section that 7031625 is the correct number.
So I am now going back and forth on what center float bowl to use. I have 7031575s. Should I just go with one of those that is Tripower correct or use the 7031624 that is off by 1 digit? I have the correct end carbs with the correct 66 tops too. GM is not upside down.