View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, finding a good truck should be a LOT easier than trying to find a clean older Pontiac. There are probably many hundreds, if not thousands to choose from, within 400 miles of me.

The only trick is to find a suitable truck, owned by somebody willing to trade it, for my Bird or other Pontiac parts I have. So, since more Pontiac guys read this forum than any other. I'll ask ya'll 1st. Anybody got something to trade that might work for me ?

I might even consider a Ford. I've had some Fords that made real good Pontiac haulers. Can't use one that has a 3-valve engine. A 2-valve 5.4 will work. There have been LOTS of well documented problems with the 3-valve engines. An X-Ford dealer mechanic advised my not to buy a truck with a 3-valve engine. I've read that the first 3-valve 5.4's came in '04 F-150's, but weren't used in F-250's & F-350's 'til '05. Don't really want a diesel. But, I've had several of the old 7.3's that did just fine.

A real quick search turned up this one. IF the engine is a 2-valve, something like this might work.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5812460188.html

Last edited by ponyakr; 10-19-2016 at 06:42 PM.