View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 55 - Raised from the dead?

Now, if you thought that last post was wild, you ain't heard nothin yet. Now folks, you'll have to realize that what I'm tellin you here is the truth. I couldn't dream something like this up in my wildest imagination. So here's how it went down. Back about '07 I met a man (whom we'll call Joe) who loved close to the dirt track. He loved racin and went to the dirt races every Sat. night. I told him I was getting back into dray racing. So we started talking about it. He indicated that he wouldn't mind doing a little of that himself. Well, if you've followed my story you know by now that I'm always lookin for somebody tha's interested in racing. By now I had a yard full of 3rd gens. I'd seen some real nice race cars using this body. So I told him to come on over 1 day and pick one out and I'd help him thrown something together so he could get a taste of it and see if he wanted to go any further with it. So he did and we did. Now fast forward a few moths. They're having a booked in show of bad Pro-mods at out local strip. So I asked Joe if he'd like to go. He said he wasn't feeling too good but he wouldn't mind going, so I picked him and his teenage son up and we took off to the track. I could see he wasn't feeling well so I backed the van up to the fence, close to the finish line so he could sit on the back and watch. But he kep feeling worse an dworse. He was using an inhaler, but it wasn't helping. It finally go so bad he could hardly bfeath. He said "D, I think I need to got to the hospital." So we loade dup and tore out to the hospital. but we didn't get a mile up the road before he began gasping for air. He said "D, I don't think I'm gonna make it." Well we were at least 20 min. from the hospital and he didn't have 20 min. Then I thought about the ambulance behind the starting line. For insurance purposes 1 has to be there or they can't race. I whipped around and headed straight for that ambulance as fast as I could without running over somebody. When we got there I thought we had it made. He could just get a little oxygen and he'd be OK. But this ordeal was just getting started good. I jumped out and told the EMT or whoever he was, that I had a man who needed oxygen quick. So he threw down his cigarette that he had been intently puffing on as he watched the race, ran to the ambulance or whatever it was and brought out a big bag. He started fumbling thru it trying to find something. Well, by now Joe had slid down out of the seat and was sitting on the pavement leaving back on the van. I asked the man where the oxygen bottle was he told me and I brought it to him. He was still fumbling in the bag full of tangled tubes and lines. Well Joe had held on as long as he could. He flopped down on his back, all the color left his face, then turned sort of lie blue, like on TV when tey pull a cold slab out for someone to identify a body. that's right, he was graveyard dead. Now you've got to picture this scene. While all this is taking place the race is still going on. They're runnin another round of Pro-mods and these suckers are loud, they're shakin the ground and blasting off less than 100' from where we were. The folks in the tower were not aware of what was happening. i was in a pickle sorta like in my 1st dirt race. Then all of a sudden right in the middle of all that chaos, a great calm came over me. I thought of the words in a sermon I'd heards, "What would Jesus do?" Well, the anser to that was EZ. I'd heard that preached too (folks, if it ain't in there, you can't call it up when you need it!) At the tomb of His friend Lazareth, Jesus had prayed to God and spoke to Lazareth and he was raised from the dead. So I did the only thing I could do. I prayed "Father, I ask you to raise Joe up and I declare now that Joe will live and not die, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth." And I said it lound - hey the cars were still racin, nobody but god heard me. Well, I'm still amazed when I think of how quick my prayer was answered. Suddenly a young man came running over and jumped on top of Joe an started pumping his chest wildly (enuff to crack 3 ribs) then all of a sudden we heard the sound of a huge fire truck (it looked 12' across) it had very sort of siren and hron blasting and every kind and color of lite flashing. It was awesome. Then, all sorts of different private vehicles started pullin up. They were all ememrgency volunteers. Somebody had seen what was happening and called 911. It reminded me of MASH, when a helicopter came flying in with a wounded soldier. all the doctors and nurses would run out to see waht was needed. That was the scene. there wer lots of men and women running across the staging lane to help do whatever was needed. Well I could see that God had the situation will in hand so I just backed up out of the way and watched it happen. I knew now everything was gonna be alright. they soon had him revived and on the way to the hospital and Joe lived to race again. PTL! By the way, that young man that broke Joe's ribs is now part owner and operator of that track. Joe's problems were caused by too many years of heavy smoking. If you smoke, do yourself and your loved ones a favor - quit before it's too late. Have you ever heard a racin story that wild?