View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post
Looks like they have a good start! It seemed like I was at the stage for what felt like forever. Trying to build that type of cage by yourself and work a full time job will make the project drag on. I'm sure I would have been money ahead to have someone do it for me.

I uploaded some pics in the boost forum, cage is FINALLY DONE!!

I cant remember if I asked you, are you going to Norwalk to spectate if your car isnt done? If so look for my red chevy dually and a blue 69 tempest. I'm bring my GF but not sure how much help she'll be. Ive been trying to talk her into buying some of those really tall boots and a halter top so she can back me up at the lights. LOL, she isnt having any of that right now. I told her thats the way its done but she doesnt believe me.

So, it sounds like your moving on and needing help from a professional engine builder to fix your issues. Was there ever a set of rocker shafts designed for the heads from the beginning? I would have assumed a set of race heads would have had that kind of work done already.

What lifters did you use?
I’ll be going to Norwalk this year whether the car is done or not. I’ll be sure to look for ya. You do still have a few months to work on the GF

I don’t believe Lynn got around to designing guide plates or a rocker shaft for V heads with alternate intake valve placement yet, he can comment if he'd like. I have calls into a few places to see what they can do about a rocker shaft. The lifters are Crower 66260-16 Full Body Mechanical Roller Lifters (.842" dia. / .750" Bearing) which were modified for better oiling. Studs with a girdle and better rockers would be able to handle the spring pressure with minor work, still contemplating my options. The project is still moving forward and I really appreciate the support from you guys that still take my calls.

Ed