View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRASuperStock455SD View Post
We tried to accomodate you at every turn(which were many), but many items you asked of us simply werent possible. When having a professional builder like Tony build an engine, you must defer to his intellectual prowess. Rex, Stacy, Phil, Langer all can request anything, but we dont always get exactly what we want. Tony reserves the first right of refusal. It is his shop. Same with the fabricators and the Turbo guys. After explaining these things for hours upon hours, sometimes we must call it a day.
Lynn,
Be honest, don’t speak in generalities and please be factual. You should try to answer the specific questions people ask and for god sake change the valve springs on your street engine so you can prove once and for all your street engine can make over 900hp.

Yes, a number of things like turbo and EFI mfg. did change over the course of the build, but the goal was always the same.

You said my CNC ported V heads would be ~80% of a full race head and would flow ~450cfm. Do they?
You recommend 55mm cam journal, yet ordered a standard journal block.
I asked for a Langer oil pan, does the engine have one?
You said you’d fix the water cross-over so it didn’t look unfinished. You even stated that in a PY post.
You ordered the wrong fuel regulator after being told/emailed multiple times it will not flow enough fuel.
You said the cam was going to be a custom turbo cam with 4-7, 2-3 swap, is it?
You said I commissioned the IndyCartel to build the headers up to the collector. You might want to check the invoice; your name is on it.

What did I ask for that wasn’t possible?
Dry vs. Wet deck
SuperDamper vs. Powerbond
Quality rocker arms
Spring pressure suitable for the intended application

Please explain to me why if I was willing to pay for a superdamper and better rocker arms I couldn’t get them? I find it hard to believe that Tony would refuse to put higher quality parts on an engine.

Last edited by RAIV-Z; 04-17-2012 at 07:38 PM.