View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
"Is" typo

Well you have extruded, where they force stock through a set of dies. And forged into shape rockers, I do not know of many forged aluminum roller rockers. Erson used to make them and I would think they would be the strongest stud mount aluminum rocker. Made just like a connecting rod.
And you have investment cast, where the cast it into a mold under pressure. Do not know if they do it with aluminum. But they do with stainless and it works very well.
You have die cast, the worst. Just poured into a mold and machined. I know Crane makes some of them and I would not put them into my engine for any reason.
And you have some machined out of billet aluminum stock. I would think T&D would be manufactured like that.
To tell you the truth, I do not like aluminum rockers. The bearings are smaller than the bearings on steel rockers because they have to be. You can get away with less material around the bearing with steel thus you end up with more bearing. Same thing with the tips. They might weigh more but the reciprocating weight on the tips is less.
If the "Energizer" rocker is below the Crane Gold Race rocker in their product line I would just go with the latter.
That is a very expensive engine and I would want at least a top of the line race rocker.

My T&D shaft rockers are not machined from billet aluminum stock.