View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

very cool find!

I was thinking this was all cool before I read of your road trip or this:

Quote:
Also, having fallen in luv with daily driving an M-13 (3 speed) in my 72 LeMans GT the last 6 years, I searched for and found a spare M-13 that will be installed in this girl along the way too.
Where did you find your spare Muncie three speed?
My car is a way off from being driven, but everyone I have spoken to who drove a Muncie three speed car said something akin to thinking it was near perfect...

If you happen to stumble across more of them, please pass on the word (because of this).

I whole heartedly agree with this:
Quote:
Of course the biggest (unspoken) reason these trips go so well is that I see the hand of the Lord in every one. I've seen it so many times now over the years, it's almost fun to see what the Lord will do on each journey.

I mean as I think about it, the coil dies just a few miles from where I bought the car and the seller can rush me a spare in less than an hour? And then vapor lock occurs at just the perfect exit for me to do the repairs, cool off, and eat lunch? I just don't see these as coincidences. They're divine appointments.
The last time I did something such as yourself, I flew in to Fresno California to buy my Grand Am;
According to google maps, it's a little over 1,400 miles, but I took the scenic route, so I added several hundred miles along the way - All I can say is that the Pacific Coast Highway north of San Fran is gorgeous...

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)