View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 01:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Valid points on both sides of this coin. Initially I would think you would be better with a truck. But.........................
As for the uhaul thing, I believe that is a disclaimer they use and have installed in their software to upsell a truck when one is not needed. I tried to rent a trailer when my son bought his 04 gto last summer. When I listed the info for my towing vehicle, my 2013 f 150, it kicked me out saying the vehicle was too old and not compatible. I ended up getting a trailer from a friend. My f150 is not an ideal tow vehicle but it works in a pinch. I would not want to tow with it everyday as it would prematurely wear out.

Another time a few years ago I had a heavy duty f150 (yes they made them that way) and again u hauls computer kicked me out because it said my truck was not compatible with the chevy cavalier I intended on picking up. Fortunately I knew the girl at the Uhaul desk and explained to her my truck had a heavy duty towing package. I regularly pulled a 7ooolb skid loader. She looked at the truck and the hitch settup and did an overide on the computer. Again no problem at all.
I had the same thing with u-haul which is why what they say means zero to me. I also agree about towing all the time being bad for the F150. But, I don't tow enough to get too worked up about that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justincampbell For This Useful Post: