View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to SteveGB21
Cool

The Monkey,

The Fuel Pump/Pressure Regulator is located on the top next to the intake. I didn't change mine when it went out on the '00 Camaro. Wasn't cheap. But then, I took it to the dealer assuming it was on warranty, and wasn't. If there is a Pep Boys where you live, I would recommend taking it there instead of the dealer (whether Chevy or Pontiac). On it going out, I don't know. But, I think it went out on the Camaro, since it had a bad catalytic converter (pushing more on fuel pressure since the exhaust was being backed up). When the regulator went bad, the "Service Engine Soon" light didn't come on. A couple of times, the car even stalled when the fuel pressure regulator was bad (mainly on right turns).
For the Tremec T-5 transmission, I prefer it than the 4L60E. Haven't heard any bad vibe on it. Pretty soon, I am considering putting a performance clutch on it. Stock ones just don't cut it. Some replacements you may want to consider are different spark plug wires (hopefully those have been changed). Stock ones are a murder (without a spark plug wire puller, they won't come off). The hard part is also the heat shields for the spark plug wires. This is personal experience I speak of (first the '00 Camaro, and now the '02 Firebird).