View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
I bought my 05 new in Feb 2006, also yellowjacket with the 4l60E. 140,000 on it currently, and it's my favorite car to drive. After 13 years it still puts a smile on my face. They are great cars, too bad there were so many detractors when they were new. I believe that some of the sceptics have been won over since the cars were new.

Mine is also completely stock, when I'm asked why I haven't modified it, my answer is, "With 400 HP, do I really need another 20-30 HP?"

I also have issues with the leather seat covers splitting on the seams, I plan on buying new covers for it soon.

As with any mass produced car there are some common minor problems, nothing that would make me think about getting rid of it though.
There is ALWAYS a need for 20-30 more HP!

As far as the split seams on the seats, this is an easy DIY repair. The biggest issue is getting the seat cover off so you can sew the split back up. Not bad on the rear seats, they come out and come apart easily, a bit more work if the split is on the front seats. But it sure beats buying all new seat covers.