View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 08:26 AM

My 89 GTA. LS1 and t56 swap, Monster stage 2 clutch, I rebuilt the trans with a stage 2 kit from Tick, it's got a Tick adjustable 4th gen master cylinder, 4th gen pedals, and a 4th gen console. Koni shocks with Eibach springs, 18/19 C6 wheels.

I had a different 89 in high school with tan leather. I always wanted one with black leather but they are almost impossible to find. I got lucky that this one popped up on ebay not far from my house back in '08. I'm gonna recover the seats and put a different steering wheel in it, but the interior is pretty good otherwise.

The engine is stock with stock manifolds. I'm gonna get headers, cam, and intake later one. But for now it's a lot of fun to drive.

I paid $4500 for the car and it spun a bearing shortly after. I got lucky and bought a wrecked 00 TA that only had 55k miles for $2800. I used what I could for the swap, put some other stuff on my 01 TA and sold the rest. I've got about $11,000 in it, and plan to put another $5k or $6k in it by the time I recover the seats, repaint it, put some C5 brakes up front, a few performance mods, and I'll probably build a 4:11 8.8" axle for it. I think it'll be a hell of a car at that point for only having around $16k in it.