View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo View Post
Two of the carbs had the choke housing threads stripped, twisted, and or bent. One had the screw broken off in the lever for the accelerator pump, one needs the main throttle shaft bushed, one had the shaft bushed but the check ball assemble to the accelerator pump was frozen in the base. That is the body i ended up using. Soaked the assembly over night in atf / acetone mix, and then drilled out with a left hand drill bit. Drilled about half way through, and it came right out. The third body someone else had worked on, and was supposed to be a good carb. Once i opened it up i found that they had the same problem with the check ball assembly, but they were not successful in removing it without tearing up the bowl. Tom, if you're interested i can post pictures of the chassis before i took apart too. Photo of 3rd body that got scrapped.
That would be much appreciated. 'Fred' (the chassis car) has no floor boards and has a Alston Drag Chassis under it. Would like to remove all of that stuff (as the body overall is solid) and install a Factory type frame (possible modded with a 78/79) sub frame tacked on the front. I was spoiled on the handling with the 78 TA I had (as well as the better 1LE Brakes). Would be nice to see how your chassis came apart for documentation.

Speaking of Brakes, did you install a 69/72 Disc Brake set-up?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.