View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In speaking with guys that worked on and diagnosed my engine, it's believed that the piston skirt collapsed while on the original / failed dyno run. when #5 spun the rod bearing and the piston hit the head. There was a small mark on the cylinder head. This was the conclusion of two guys that worked on the engine that not only do this is a hobby, one of them is a machinist that currently works on very high end cars. The other had his own shop for many years and is a forum member.

Unanimously, the guys that diagnosed my engine said that this should have been caught when the motor was sent back to Arizona, if this engine was really completely disassembled the obvious scuffing of the piston skirts should have been noticed. If the scuffing of the piston skirts had been observed while it was disassembled, it should have been measured. They said if the engine was really apart and the piston skirts were mic'd, it would have been easily discovered as it was in my garage. I'm only adding this information because the last time I withheld information on this thread, it came back to haunt me.

Last edited by Va68goat; 09-22-2019 at 08:36 AM.