View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 03:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default A Few Wet Spots

Yeah, we encountered some wet spots along this trail. And, after making 3 trips in & out, over portions of it, the ruts began to get rather deep.

4WD pulled us right on thru all the spots, except one. I'd noticed that we'd made some ruts in that spot. But, the first 2 times thru it & back, the Kioti pulled right on thru.

BUT, on the last trip out, it seemed to break thru the top layer & got down to soft, wet, Louisiana gumbo mud. Had it in 4WD, with the rear wheels locked together. But, instaed of pulling on thru, as it had been doing, this time it got to a certain point, stopped moving forward, & just started down.

Well, thank God the Kioti had a loader ! Had to use the loader bucket to help pull us along, just a foot or 2 at a time. It wasn't looking too good, there for a while. I thought we might have to resort to the nuclear option, to get out. I'd watched my Dad use it lots of times, to get his old 2000 Fords un-stuck. None of his tractors ever had a loader. So, they got stuck easily.

Anyhow, the loader helped us inch ahead til we came to a little knoll. There, the bucket got a good bite of solid ground & pulled us out of the bog.

A couple of places along the trail actually LOOKED worse. But, we just made some fairly deep ruts & kept moving. However, I won't try going back thru that one bog 'til it dries out, next summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6 - Cypress Weed Swamp .jpg
Views:	171
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	552153   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 - Ruts Ahead .jpg
Views:	210
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	552154   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 - Ooey Gooey .jpg
Views:	184