View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 08:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Timing is everything... and the Pontiac communuity is awesome

Apparently, I've been posting to my FB groups all wrong. My posts go out too late and by the time the majority of folks would likely see them the next day, I'm guessing they are buried. (the posts, not the people). Its also very possible, probable even, everyone is tired of me whining about not having any advance weights and decided to shut me up. I don't know. Regardless, Ive decided to use a new tactic >>> Posting to FB groups in the middle of a holiday.

Results are in. It seems that was a good idea. Posting with a "pic for attention" helped out too. (I'm just glad it was a pic of my actual car. I get annoyed when its a pic someone steals and knows nothing about - anyone else?) My last ditch, desperate effort to find some gen-u-ine GM advance weights paid off in spades. Well, in weights actually. It was worth the weight. (Too soon? Yeah, my timing is a tad off)

Just when you think all hope in humanity is lost, (which is often for me) folks step up. (I'd love to mention names, but some folks don't take too kindly to the attention, so I'll leave the names out)

One member stepped up and sent me 045 weights for no money...not even shipping. Seriously?? People still do this?

Another gave me a killer deal on a complete HEI, HE or I (get it? He, I = HEI?) couldn't refuse. The deal yielded not one, but two sets of 045 weights, some 139s and a few centercams. (2 364s and 452) along with a bag of other parts.

And to make sure I had some additional cores, I bought two more complete HEIs from a friend in western MA for less than the cost of gas to get there. Notice the GM module is still in one of them. (He had a unitized setup on the wall I was tempted to buy..I hadnt s)

I sent pair of 045s to the "distributor guy". Surprisingly, the guy at the Post Office actually knew what they were. That "sparked" a conversation about his 72 Z28 for a good 30 minutes~!

When said distributor guy is done, I'll "advance" this thread with results.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread