View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U View Post
The simple answer is yes. Especially with a gear tooth type hall sensor.

But, I want a sharper rising and falling edge. A very simple flat tab with a 90 bent into the end will work. Possibly cut off material on either end of the polled area to create loss of signal. BTW, the Chevy Vortec dizzy uses a poll gear arrangement as well. It's another one to look at.

I actually have a modified front cover that also works, but it's not as simple as the fuel pump block off. It requires precise positioning and the possibility of cam trust can affect the min/ max free air tolerance. The easiest answer is the oil pump drive/ sensor. All in one, wiring to the rear of the block. This is why I considered the Ford Explorer sensor. Again, easily accessible to replacement parts and cheap to boot. The hard part is grafting the pieces together and I have attempted to source some dizzys for this purpose.

I will be machining the parts at work, but I am trying to come up with a dirt cheap, DIY for the masses method of doing this.

But at hand, Where's our EFI specific forum?

Dave
That is a good description of a late 80's efi buick v6 cam sensor flag... Wouldnt be hard to mod a fuel pump eccentric to look similar... been 10 yrs but I seem to recall the sensor flag on my buick was @ 1/2"- 5/8" wide.(BTW all my 88 EFI fwd motor stuff including roller cam and heads/intake/oil pump/timing cover fit my rwd 82 Cadillac/Buick 252 just fine... was going to be a street rod motor... my son was storing it when I 1st moved to Tn... junked it by mistake and kept the blown up 231 fwd block... he was rather embarrassed...I'm still ticked.)

EFI controller like MS can make for a fine ignition controller and for data logging if you really dont want efi or feel you have to run a carb...

I think a seperate efi forum would be nice.