Thread: olds 455 value
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile "neighbors"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvarney View Post
I'm in southern WV, about an hour south of Charleston. Little town called Williamson.
Should have known by the Varney name. You from VARNEY? I'm originally from Logan. Been in VA last 20 years.

The OLDS guru I know is Ben Donevant in Princeton, WV. His dad was sales manager at the Chevy/Olds dealership (Minton Chevrolet) in Logan back in the day. Ben has a 4-speed 67 442 with an added-on tri-power setup. (Ben tells a tale that, although the 67's didn't offer tri-power, there were some 200 1966 tri-power setups dealer installed on some 1967 442's)
The 1965 442's supposedly didn't offer a tri-power engine but some research will show that some tri-power 1965's were racing in 1965.

Do you know Dennis Maroudas (DME, LLC -- transmission stuff business) in Forest Hills, KY.? He was into Pontiacs many years ago but got into Muncie transmissions several years ago. Good guy!

Some of the 73 Olds 455 engines were high compression (quite higher than any Pontiac that year). So if you have one of those I would say that it would be worth comparable to a performance version Pontiac 455. A local Pontiac guy built an Olds 455 for a guy on an open checkbook basis (Mondello parts, etc). I rode that car and it was a wickedly monster engine.

I looked back on some of your posts and see that you have a 67 Lemans. I do too. It has a
mild build 1977 400, 200R4 tranny, Vintage air. Nice cruiser car but no tire shredder.

Drop me a PM and we'll compare notes. GO WILDCATS! GO WOLFPACK!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1310 (800x600).jpg
Views:	228
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	442814