View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:17 PM
Senior Chief

CAR RUNS GREAT!!
Now, I can't say for sure how much quicker and faster it is now than it used to be until I make it to the track. It pulls seemingly harder than ever before. Absolutely ZERO hesitation/bogging or stumble/sputter. ZERO "surging". No smoke of any kind, with the possible exception of Drag Radials smoking the couple of times I got aggressive with the clutch, RPMs and throttle all at the same time! I did a few dead stop launches and WOT runs through the gears, letting up once I was into 4th for a few seconds. There are vast expanses of Federal and State wildlife preserves where I live, so no cross streets, houses, people, etc. Just me, the 421GOAT and some vehicle free stretches of open road! No gasoline fumes, even through the fast/cold engine warm up process.
Absolutely flawless performance from a sensory perspective.
Now the biggest difference that I can positively affirm, because like I said WOT feels amazing and stronger than ever, but I really need time slips to know how much quicker and faster...the biggest difference I can absolutely affirm is driving under ALL conditions other than Wide Open Throttle. I could always feel the engine surging, "missing" (not an ignition miss, but otherwise similar in how it felt) just "not all there" when I'd be driving along. One of the WORST things that used to happen fairly often, especially to my wife, (it's her car) was stuttering and then killing when trying to do a turn from a stop, or turning and driving up the ramp into the garage, or just slowly pulling off from a dead stop. I usually could modulate the gas pedal to compensate. Well NONE of that old, bad behavior! I had to adjust the idle speed at full operating temperature, but I haven't made ANY other adjustments than that.
I'm hoping my wife and I can both go to our local drag strip Tuesday (Mardi Gras) where they will be having Test and Tune, and "bracket racing" with money awarded every hour.
I know when I went from running 13.6s in my Roadrunner to 13.3s, that 3/10ths was not like the clouds parting and Heaven's Host trumpeting my improved times, BUT we're looking to go faster than 12.8s, and the last time we ran at the track we were running a miserable 14 flat, which was WAY slower than what the car should have been running.
There's a local performance shop I've done business with, and they have a chassis dyno, so I'd like to schedule a "checkup" session on the dyno, and coordinate that with Dick Boneske so he can be available for tuning tips once the data rolls in.
I'M VERY VERY HAPPY with the appearance and performance of my Tripower carbs now that they've been BONESKE-FIED!!
GREAT JOB DICK BONESKE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BONESKE-FIED .jpg
Views:	462
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	532826