View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by djustice View Post
Just installed the Bilstein B6 front and back, a good improvment in handling and comfort, so far, only driven about 10 minutes, as i discoverd that my front shocks is not seated in the upper A-arms... Never checked this as i assumed they where installed correctly,. Orderd new proforged upper baljoints as i will be using a pickle fork to dislodge the upper ball joint from the spindle and re-seat he spring. plus there is a rip in the grease boot on the upper ball joints. Tried a prybar and a hammer on the spindle, no chance. one upgrade leads to another fix, but it's all for the better in the end.
you mean the spring is not seated in the upper frame pocket? the spring doesnt seat in the upper A-arm. you said shock but then spring?? are you sure its not seated right?

you shouldnt need to use a pickle fork & ruin the ball joint, aside from the boot being bad you should be able to use the BFH method, you might need a bigger hammer or a more solid hit in the right place, the force of the spring should break it free without damaging the ball joint. ive done this countless times without an issue & without a pry bar.

Last edited by 78w72; 05-22-2020 at 09:03 PM.