Thread: 74 L75 RamAir
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4darush View Post
Thank you for the comments guys.

On the NOM...Yes it was sold and purchased with the assumption that the #'s don't match on the motor. With that said, the only number that was provided was the 485428 casting. I do not have the car yet and thus all the facts have not yet been determined. This hobby of ours has many levels. Not everyone has the ability to clearly make out a VIN stamp or climb way in there to see the date code. I have purchased more than one car in the past where it was assumed NOM only because the seller was unable to read/confirm what was there. The obvious assumption at this time is NOM, but that remains an assumption until I get my hands on it and confirm it with my own two eyes.

Originality is obviously important when it comes to value, but that's not everything. The car is still cool even if the block doesn't have the right numbers on it.
Please don't think I am nitpicking. I think it's a great car and was interested as soon as I saw it go up. I was trying to determine with the seller if it was numbers matching before I started talking money him. I was just wondering if you had found out something I hadn't.

I'm looking forward to additional pictures once you get it! It looked great in the photos and I bet was stunning with the D98 Accent Stripes.