View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim,

I seem to recall that when I bought that car, some of the EVAP stuff was missing. I got a correct canister and bracket and installed them under the hood. I think the metal line under the radiator was missing too, and I had a good used one that I installed. All the rubber and metal EVAP lines at the rear of the car were gone, but I replaced the metal lines with the correct ones that I purchased from Inline Tube. The metal lines from the rear to the front were still in place, so I left them as-is.

If I'm reading your question right, you're asking about the correct rubber fuel hose that I used in the EVAP system. I think I was unhappy with the rubber fuel hose I got from Inline Tube and wasn't sure if it was correct, but it's been so long I'm not 100% sure. As a result, I did use "parts store" rubber hose in some of the EVAP system, both at the canister and under the car near the fuel tank.

The correct hose should have "Gas Gas" imprinted on it. Ames part number FN325KR looks correct, but they only show it in 3/8, and it's kind of pricey at $4.00 a foot, although you would not need a lot of it. Other suppliers might have it in other sizes if you need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPA68 View Post
Does anyone have an unrestored 71 that could show a pic of the hoses going back and forth from the canister?

My 71 has parts store fuel line on it was looking to improve on that.

Thanks,
Tim