View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question What is my wife's car worth now that I know it will eventually need a transmission?

My wife has a 2005 Buick LeSabre with 158k on it. It just started a month or so ago to rust a little on the drivers side dog leg, otherwise the body is nice. Interior is clean and has no tears or undue wear. Runs great, tires have lots of tread still. A few weeks ago we noticed that it started shifting hard when it was hot(not just operating temp, but hot as in driving for a couple hours). Took it in to confirm my suspicions and they said it will need a transmission at some point. The car has no other issues.
Rather than be "under the gun" to make a decision after the trans goes out, we are looking around a bit to see about replacing it while it still drives.

Since, obviously I will need to share what I know with potential buyers, what would be a reasonable expectation of it's value?