View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 11:16 AM

rohrt: I've only had the thing running for a few weeks but am very happy with its performance so far. I got it mainly so I could easily adjust the timing to avoid spark knock , etc. The engine is a stock .030 rebuild on the standard 400, but with the 068 cam. The heads are setup for unleaded use.
I'm happy to use 94 octane fuel but am trying to find a way to avoid using octane booster if possible. Going forward, I'll check back in here with any news, good or bad.

Charlie: Good point. That's a legitimate concern. However, I'm still willing to take a chance because, compared to the sounds systems in our cars and smart phones we use every day, the distributor's Bluetooth connection requirements are not that complex or demanding.

Unlike the sound system type of use you mentioned, Bluetooth connectivity is not required for the distributor to function. It's more simple, being one-way communication along the line of ear buds or little portable Jam speakers, etc. Once the file is uploaded, that's it. The actual ignition functions are akin to that of the Pertronix or other distributor conversions out there. Anyway, time will tell. Good point though.