View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by etd66ss View Post
So if I fixed the AC and resprayed my car I could "get" $7500 more than th $19k ppl are saying I'd be lucky to get? I dunno...
It's just that the car in the ad with all the features is also an "original" color car and appears to be an unmodified one. Those cars almost without fail sell for higher than ones with modifications unless those modifications are extremely tasteful to the buying public. I have said that I like your orange color even with the metallic flakes, so it wouldn't give me hesitation about buying it. But others are not a fan of it and you'll never convince them to buy it unless you steeply offer a discount on it.

I still think chasing after a dollar amount to sell for based off of what you can do is not the right way to look at it. Why fix the AC and repaint it just to get the same sale price as the cost of doing those things tacked on to the original offered price? I'd just drive it and enjoy it, maybe fix the AC and the other little things over the next year or so if you want to.

That said, if the guy was prepared to spend $19k but refused to spend $20k or even meet halfway at $19.5k, he wasn't really that interested in buying your car. It's one thing to not agree on a $1000 price difference on a cheap $1500-2500 car, but a $18k+ valued car it just shows the guy was only in it for the thrill of the deal and hunt, if you had said "sure" to his $19k he probably would have found another excuse to back out of it later on... He's what you'd call a "time waster" or "tire kicker."