View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
...That said, if the guy was prepared to spend $19k but refused to spend $20k or even meet halfway at $19.5k, he wasn't really that interested in buying your car. It's one thing to not agree on a $1000 price difference on a cheap $1500-2500 car, but a $18k+ valued car it just shows the guy was only in it for the thrill of the deal and hunt, if you had said "sure" to his $19k he probably would have found another excuse to back out of it later on... He's what you'd call a "time waster" or "tire kicker."
I do not agree with that at all. Perhaps that was all he had budgeted for this or more likely all he thought it was worth.

5 years ago I was looking at a 1964 C172; always hangared and in excellent shape for $30K. I was ready to buy except for one thing - the windscreen was original and had many tiny flaws that really flared in sunshine (not good if you are looking for other traffic). My offer was the asking price if the windscreen was replaced or $1,500 off the price to repair it. He refused and got dickish about it. I bid him goodbye.